“Pursuit of Happiness” – Kid Cudi ft. MGMT
In response to my dear friend’s post (http://www.bleedforfashion.com/2010/08/more-polaroid-fun.html), here are my ten happy things to add to her ten things:
1. Running into old friends that you haven’t seen in a long time and realizing how much they’ve changed and yet how much they’ve remained the same.
2. Giant bear hugs where neither of you can breathe. They’re awesomely squishy.
3. Million hour chats about nothing and everything, with friends who get you. And even if they don’t, they’ll still listen and give you sage advice from their personal point of view.
4. Summer sunshine. When the heat rays hit your skin and hair, infusing you with warmth. This is why I love the beach. Even better is winter sunshine. Alas, no such thing exists in Vancouver during the winter season.
5. Laughing so hard that your stomach hurts and then laughing at the fact that you’re laughing that hard and you don’t even know why you’re laughing anymore.
6. Car rides. Long ones where you can alternately ride in silence or crank up the music and sing at the top of your lungs.
7. Coming home in the glowing early daylight. When you look back on the long night and wonder “What the heck just happened?” and then being very grateful that it’s not you in the bathroom puking your guts out.
8. Watching sappy movies and balling your eyes out. It’s like an emotional cleansing. Highly recommended once in awhile.
9. Ice Cream Trucks. The ones that play music.
10. Sleeping in on rainy days and super sunny days. It’s either a snuggle day or a siesta day.